Sunday, September 11, 2016

I have taken the Myers-Briggs type test before, and I've always switch between two types. That is, ESFP and ENFP. The Performer and the Campaigner, being the two types respectively. I always score exceptionally high in the Extroversion category, gaining 100% rating. I think that both are very accurate, and I would consider myself a cusp on the S and the N. The S represent sensing, meaning I am more comfortable using my sense, while the N represent Intuition, representing my comfort in understanding abstract ideas and theories. I would definitely see some of myself in both. I struggle with some more of the complex theories and ideas, while with sensing I was never very good with figuring out myself in space, meaning I was always pretty terrible with Legoes, as well as my hearing being rather poor.
Reading the descriptions on 16personalities.com, I do find myself relating to both types. As ENFP is described "ENFPs will bring an energy that oftentimes thrusts them into the spotlight, held up by their peers as a leader and a guru – but this isn't always where independence-loving ENFPs want to be. Worse still if they find themselves beset by the administrative tasks and routine maintenance that can accompany a leadership position. ENFPs' self-esteem is dependent on their ability to come up with original solutions, and they need to know that they have the freedom to be innovative – they can quickly lose patience or become dejected if they get trapped in a boring role.... ENFPs are very emotional and sensitive, and when they step on someone's toes, they both feel it." I definitely relate to this; I tend to get very upset when I make other people upset. I also bring a lot of energy to groups I'm in, getting people pumped up and excited for what we're doing. But the faults they describe, such as easily stressed and I tend to overthink things. But to my ESFP side, I'm great at being bold and being original. But one of the issues the website reports I definitely relate to "The biggest challenge ESFPs face is that they are often so focused on immediate pleasures that they neglect the duties and responsibilities that make those luxuries possible. Complex analysis, repetitive tasks, and matching statistics to real consequences are not easy activities for ESFPs. They'd rather rely on luck or opportunity, or simply ask for help from their extensive circle of friends. It is important for ESFPs to challenge themselves to keep track of long-term things like their retirement plans or sugar intake – there won't always be someone else around who can help to keep an eye on these things." All of those issues I personally relate too. However, if I had to choose a side of being, I would say I'm more in touch with the ESFP side of being, rather than ENFP. For the other two letters, the F(eeling) and P(erceiving), both definitely describe me. I make my decisions based on how my emotions relate, while with Perceiving I always look at a big picture rather than at individual details.
 I received three affirmations, but my favorite had to be from my friend Jennifer. She gave me very creative adjectives,  that I think were all truthful. I felt happy that she looked at me like this, and it was really great to hear those kind of things from a friend.

3 comments:

  1. It is very interesting how your scores go between 2 different types. It really shows that personality can change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very interesting how your scores go between 2 different types. It really shows that personality can change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true! You are both of those!

    ReplyDelete